Industrial Spiral Finned Tubing
There are many different types and methods of fin-to-tube attachment. Cain Industries has accumulated years of experience in the field of waste heat recovery from our industrial combustion exhaust product lines. These product lines include boiler economizers, waste heat recovery silencers, and packaged waste heat boilers - all utilizing finned tubing under rigorous thermal load conditions.
We have determined which specific types of finned tubing can best withstand the extremes of temperature and environment in our customers’ installations. As a result we have developed proprietary technology to produce a range of industrial grade products that meet the industry's stringent demands.
Cain offers the best recommendation and competitive pricing for your finned tube requirements. We’ll quote your specification or create a specification based on your specific needs. We can offer basic finned tubing in straight lengths or subassemblies, or a complete heat exchanger.
Standard Finned Tubing Types
(All are available for rapid quotation and delivery)
- Stainless steel tube to aluminum fin with the AL-FUSE™ bonding method of fin tube attachment for temperatures to 750°F.
- Stainless steel tube to stainless steel fin with Nickel Brazed/welded method of fin tube attachment for temperatures to 1750°F.*
- Stainless steel tube to carbon steel fin with Nickel Brazed/welded method of fin tube attachment for temperatures to 1650°F.*
- Carbon steel tube to carbon steel fin with Nickel Brazed/welded method of fin tube attachment for temperatures to 1650°F.*
- Copper or cupro nickel tube to copper fin with Nickel Brazed/welded method of fin tube attachment for temperatures to 1,750°F.*
* Optional Protection: A Nickel Clad Coating, up to 2 mil thickness, is available to provide extended corrosion protection.
With spiral fin tube across the face of the radiator, the engine-powered fan cools the engine’s jacket water as well as cooling hot oil circulated through the finned tubing.
Custom Designed Radiator
Straight lengths of spiral fin tubing fitted into top and bottom tanks provide cooling for a closed system. Additional cooling is possible with a power-driven fan.
Two short lengths of spiral finned tubing provide the surface required to cool compressor air.
Hydraulic Power Supply
Life of power source is lengthened by removing excess heat from hydraulic fluid used with machine tools. Hot fluid is cooled as it circulates through spiral fin tube placed in the path of the engine’s combustion air supply.
The AL-FUSE™ Bonding Process
Cain Industries’ proprietary metal bonding process called AL-FUSE™ produces a permanent metallurgical bond between the dissimilar metals. One very popular type is an aluminum fin bonded to a stainless steel tube which assures the original performance at the rated capacity of the spiral finned surface during its lifetime.
Cain’s proprietary process incorporates a liquid composition which, when subjected to heat, creates a reaction causing alloying of the metals. The result is an integral one-piece unit possessing maximum heat transfer capability and a protective coating offering high resistance to corrosion.
Cain industrial spiral finned tubing can be customfabricated to suit your specific needs - both in metal specification and in the shape of the formed sections. Cain Industries can provide basic finned tubing in straight lengths or subassemblies, or a complete heat exchanger.
Cain Industries will provide prototype finned tubing or assemblies, when required, at a nominal cost.
Finned Tubing Specifications
- Tube diameters from .375 to 1.50
- Tube wall thickness from .035 to .25
- Tube length available from 6 to 360
- Fin thickness from .010 to .050
- Fin spacing from 3 to 10 fins per inch
- Fin height from .25 to .75
ASME Quality Control: ASME stamping is available to meet Sec.VIII Div.l (‘U’ symbol) and Sec.l (‘S’ symbol) and National Board Stamp.
|Cain Industries is ASME and National Board Certified|